Monday 7 April 2008

Alpine Flurry

What astonishing weather we had yesterday...

Undeterred by the cold, I decided to go for a run in the morning - it was sunny, with a brisk wind. I ambled up the hill towards Kings Cliff Woods, oblivious to the chill as the sweat started to gather around my brow. As I approached the crest of yet another steep hill to the upper car park of the woods, it began to snow. Soft, light and charming flakes descended, the first I'd encountered for the entire winter!

Like I said before, I wasn't cold due to my rising temperature on the slopes, but it felt very strange to be running in bright, bright sunshine, accompanied by unseasonably timed snow. As I descended the biggest hill on the circuit, I looked East towards Glastonbury, and the hill tops were covered in snow! I could have been mistaken for being on the alps for a split second! (Obviously the hills needed a bit of extra height, but I was happy with my momentary illusion.)

No comments: