Wednesday 9 June 2010

Courmayeur In Pictures

Untracked mountains looking towards the Italian side of Mont Blanc.

So sublime, up here you really feel alien, as if you're not supposed to track such beauty. The quiet is unnerving.

There's me, already lagging behind. Trying to traverse on my new skis, trying not to look at the drop on my left-hand side. I actually took my skis off around the next bend because I thought it may be quicker.

Semi-triumphant, behind me is the virtually untracked basin we skied down shortly after the mini-avalanche episode. Highs and lows followed by quiet success.


Me with Jenni (excellent and extremely experienced Finnish snowboarder). Jenni has been skiing/snowboarding most of her life, and had completed this off-piste run once a year before. She certainly succeeded in tried to keep up my spirits when I thought I was never going to get down this mountain.

No comments: