Monday 16 June 2008

DVD Artwork

Phil suggested that we put a few credits on the front cover, which I think works very well, and he faded out the wallpaper under the text to make it stand out more coherently. I still need to work out what text is going to run at the bottom of the back page, but as yet, the running time is still negotiable, so I'll probably leave it to the last minute.


This is what Phil sent me the same afternoon that I set him my mock-up, pure genius! I have no idea how he did it so quickly, just cut and pasting mine took a whole morning...


I didn't want to give too much away on the front cover (right page), so I thought keep it simple and go for the title and tag line. The back page has the comedy image of Gordon inspecting his cactus for de-fluffing.


I had no idea how to convey my idea for the artwork in words, so I thought I'd just make a mock-up, scan it and then send it to Phil. It's very basic, but Phil must have understood my vision - see above!


How pleased I was to get an email from my best friend's (Stills Photographer on Pernickety) brother, Phil Bearman saying he was keen to start on the artwork for the DVD cases and graphics for the title sequence! For free! It's amazing how people want to keep the momentum going on such a low-budget project, the good will just keeps fizzing up and up...

No comments: