Tuesday 3 June 2008

PERNICKETY DAY 2

Day 2. and the sun is shining! Nick is in character and looking dashingly beige... again! We have two additional crew today, Lilli on costume design and Dan Gale (Right Smart Productions) on camera/lighting. I stocked up on sweets, chocolate and pastries today as we seemed to use up a lot of food yesterday, and I figure that if I can keep the crew and cast's bellies happy, then we're going to have a great, artificially energetic day... here's Nick arriving outside for tea and donuts, in a typical Gordon-esque pose.


Oh no, the sugar high has peaked and the energy lull has sent Nick to sleep. What this photo doesn't show is that ten minutes later, my Gran sat in the chair behind Nick, he woke up when his head fell off the arm rest and he shouted "F**K" at the top of his voice, he thinks (or hopes) that my Gran found it amusing...

Whist doing the last bit of cleaning in preparation for today, I found my favourite teddy, Pennington bear. He's a lot smaller than I remember, but then, I won him at play group... so I was pretty tiny then as well!

To give the impression of space, the crew took this shot outside the window, through the gazelle's antlers for added depth and a unique focal point. I love Alex's vision here, the whole film has a theme running through it that will help to bring that connection between Gordon and his objects of affection closer to the audience.

So glad Dan took over my camera for a while today - he also has a great way with composition and such a cheeky type of humour...

Another one of Dan's shots, the lighting is just beautiful here... definitely a poster shot!


Tea time and we're all having more cakes - all except James, who found a pack of Pringles in the kitchen and hid in the corner to devour them.. until Dan exposed him in this shot... we didn't know who they belonged to, but they disappeared again straight after this tea break. Where did they go, James?

A fabulous shot here, and another stroke of genius by Alex, using the lamp as another devise for clever framing. Kellie was not best pleased with the distortion of her face, but we all thought it was ace!

More videos here; one of Kellie whistling magnificently in between takes, one of us all laughing at the lamp distortion (sorry Kellie!) and one of Kellie and Nick fighting over the last night's Indian takeaway...



No comments: