Monday 2 June 2008

PERNICKETY DAY 1

Day 1. felt a bit awkward and alien, (mainly because I felt out of depth and tired from a previous day's shoot on a friend's film), but I was determined to put 100 % into the project... once we'd found our bearings, located props from their hiding places and fed the cast - we were ready to shoot. We only got about two/three scenes done, but taking our time and striving for perfectionism paid off as we went our separate ways that night.

Here's Nick and Kellie at the end of day 1. feasting on a fantastic array of Indian dishes from my local restaurant in North Petherton... the staff stayed open just for us and it was certainly appreciated! Although I personally wish I hadn't indulged in the rich stuff as I did not sleep a wink, too much digestion for my body to cope with...


Here's Nick with a Sabata moustache, just before he slicks back his hair and trims the Sabata into a neat pencil... he's ready to become Gordon...

Here's Alex and James (www.levelfilms.co.uk/) setting up the dolly that we managed to blag from a company in Bristol for virtually nothing, I think they paid for 1 and a half days (£150) for a six day shoot - good work! In the photo below, the dolly is sinking into the soggy ground, when we left at around 11pm, the next door neighbours (on a slightly lower flood plain) were evacuating water from their houses... we were very lucky to get this break in the rain.

Day 1 and I'm feeling a bit daunted, but excited about the forthcoming week's filming. Nick agreed to a wardrobe fitting last night, and aside from freeing up a button on some trousers, all is well and looking decidedly beige. Also notice that Nick's face is covered in hair and he really didn't want to remove it... "nice to see you, to see you nice!"


These are a few video clip from later on day 1.
The hall way that looks pretty immaculate here was covered with carpet and completely full of junk, so I had to clear it, clean it as the boys set up the kit... really wish I'd had time the previous week to do a proper good cleaning-up operation. I thought my Gran kept a startlingly pristine home, but we all suffered from dust/allergy-type symptoms as the week went on... it's probably been years since the house has been deep cleaned.

No comments: