Tuesday 3 June 2008

PERNICKETY DAY 3

Here's Kellie looking fresh and beautiful at the start of day 3. I know the shot is over-exposed, but it's effective against her dark hair...Here's Alex pondering on how the hell we're going to achieve the show-down between Gordon and Penelope, that is also supposed to be a seduction. It ended up taking about two/three hours to set up, but the results are perfect. We decided against letting the audience see them getting it on, on the sofa, and instead decided upon the much more subtle approach of suggestion and rattling tea cups. Then Warwick recorded some soundtrack with Nick, repeating a series of "Yes's", gradually getting louder and more climactic... absolutely hilarious!!! Bearing in mind Nick has done a lot of radio work, voice-overs and such, his comedic timing is impeccable, and it echoes the "No, no, no's" he mutters to Penelope in the finale. I'm glad the original ending stuck, because I don't think audiences should be spoon fed!


We were so lucky with the props that my Gran already had at her house, I hardly had to bring in anything, and then someone spotted this teapot book and we suddenly had a reason to keep Gordon in the room during Penelope's breakfast scene.

I was so worried about these figurines, as I only had one pair for this finale scene. I'd bought other sets, but they'd already been used in other scenes. We put cushions on the floor and had a load of practices using aerosol cans... they didn't get smashed, but Nick managed to bounce one off the edge of the table so that it looked fairly serious. Alex and I will have to do the smashing on carpet shot next week. We've borrowed a piece of matching carpet from my Gran and are intending on filming me in Kellie's boots treading on the broken pieces. I know it's cheating, but it would have taken too long to get the shot right on this particular day and would have required half a dozen sets of identical figurines...

Here's Kellie looking extremely mischievous, momentarily dominating her opponent in the challenge of figurine positioning!


Kellie looking very cheeky again, using the Rushbury charm to seduce Gordon into thinking he's won the game!


Good chin action here, Gordon, what could Penelope possibly be reaching for here?

A short video clip of a section of the finale:

No comments: