Tuesday 3 June 2008

PERNICKETY DAY 5


Last night I took Nick with me and my sister, Lilli to our friend's 50th birthday party at a village hall in North Newton. Needless to say, we got very, very drunk, and I still needed to find two extras for day 6. I don't think I got out of producer mode all night - "Hey, Lloyd, what'ya doing tomorrow, do'ya wanna be an actor?!" Most said no, or maybe, but Charlotte, trusty Charlotte says a definite "YES" straight off. Love the girl, what a legend...
Think Crabb might have already agreed, but I was too drunk to remember if we'd found a man to play Charlotte's on-screen beau.

Woke up this morning very, very drunk, and extremely tired. Got up, made breakfast for Nick, packed the car, then phoned Charlotte. She's still up for it.. see you in ten. Nick arrives for scrambled eggs and tea, James arrives and then we wait for Charlotte. We're already half an hour late... I ask Lilli to phone her again. She's waiting for us, in North Petherton. Oops! First boo boo to me. So we make a quick get away in James' car and race up to pick up Charlotte. Luckily her and Crabb are ready to go, if a little jaded from the booze. They fit into their characters extremely well, a couple of young'uns off for a dirty weekend away... Alex suggests we give them a few lines, I whole-heartedly agree, but then can't come up with the dialogue as the booze has cut off the supply of brain juice to my head...

This (below) is our genius cast and crew shot, standing in front of a topiaried tea pot - yet another irony on this shoot! My Gran's house is full of tea pots, she has tea pot books, we use tea pots in just about every single scene, then - BANG - we're following a road that leads to our second location and here this surprise feature awaits our thirty eyes! Pure and utter freakery...



I think day 5 was my favourite (despite the HUGE hang over and being told off by Alex for making everyone late, oops!) day because everything felt natural and we really were having this much fun! The phallic references and slap-stick-esque behaviour of the characters really meshed well with our collective sense of humour. Kellie came back from Bristol at 4, just in time for pasties and a good giggle!

No comments: